Congratulations to the winners of the contests organised by the Library.
1) Chew Jun Yong Joshua (SXXXXX661K)
2) Jasmine Lee Zhi Yu (SXXXXX295F)
3) Castro Jezreel Rei Redroche (SXXXXX996J)
National Day Quiz
1) Kouk Qing Yuan (SXXXXX768A)
2) Wong Su Jun (SXXXXX996K)
3) Chou Qi Ling, Felicia (SXXXXX783G)
“Guess the Number of Balls” Contest
Hien Winnie (Staff)
Winners will be contacted via email / telephone number soon!
Check out this game “成语三国” (Three Kingdom) in the Interactive Cube.
How to play the Three Kingdom game?
There are 4 options to play this game:
Option 1: 抛砖引玉
This option will allow each player to search for 4 words from the sand written on pieces of jade. Players have to piece the 4 words together to form a Chinese idiomatic expression. Player with the most idioms created wins the game.
Option 2: 浑水摸鱼
This option will get each player to catch 2 fishes into their own respective fishing basket. Each fish represents 2 Chinese characters on its body and when 2 fishes are correctly matched, they will form a Chinese idiomatic expression. Player with the most idioms created wins the game.
Option 3: 攻城拔寨
This option will require each player to choose the correct definition of some Chinese idiomatic expressions and when the correct answer is chosen, the player will receive one soldier that is sent to establish a flag in the territory. The player will also receive an arrow when he/she answers correctly. Opponents can choose to attack others with arrows when they see other player’s soldier on their way to establish their flag. Player with the most flags established in their territory while having the most number of correct answers wins the game.
Option 4: 连环计
This option will require each player to guess the correct definition of some Chinese idiomatic expressions and the player who guess correctly will get a chance to try and conquer other players’ ships in the sea.
Love going to Universal Studios? Here’s your chance to win a pair of Universal Studios Singapore tickets! Simply take part in our “Guess the Balls” contest and you might just be the winner!
To participate, please follow these instructions. (Promotion period: 28 May – 30 August 2014)
- Borrow 4 books.
- Guess the number of balls in the display box.
- Write your answer and contact number on the back of the loan receipt.
- Drop receipt in the Loan Receipt box.
Terms and conditions:
- Only NP students and staff may participate in the promotion.
- Promotion is not open to NP Library staff.
- Receipts must be of books borrowed during the promotion period: 28 May – 30 August 2014.
- Participants have to write their answer and contact number on the back of the loan receipt and drop that into the Loan Receipt box during the promotion period.
- Multiple entries are accepted.
- Accumulated loan receipts must be stapled together.
- The winner will be the entrant with the correct or closest answer. If there is a tie break, a lucky draw will be conducted.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner will be notified by phone/email and announced on the Library’s blog: www.lyclibrary.wordpress.com.
- By entering the promotion, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity announcement related to this contest as the Library may require.
- The Library’s decision will be final.
- The Library reserves the right to amend these rules and change the prizes at any time.